With regard to citizenship, FEDEC works to reduce cases of land disputes between the Bakola/Bagyeli and their neighbours and ensure better integration of Bakola/Bagyeli into civic life. This is helped, on the one hand, by creating well-defined village territories and, on the other, by providing greater control of Bakola/Bagyeli rights and duties.
To achieve this, a series of activities have been set up with local populations:
- Create awareness of and support Bakola/Bagyeli communities in declaring births and establishing national identity cards and marriage certificates.
- Help the populations to identify and set up a system for archiving important documents.
- Inform local authorities about land issues.
- Facilitate dialogue between the Bakola/Bagyeli and their neighbours.
- Promote local culture and know-how.